Do you have a Port Charlotte FL house that’s in foreclosure right now? Not surprisingly many people going through the FL foreclosure process want to get out from under that stressful situation and wonder if they can sell the house in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Port Charlotte? – How it works
In the past, there have been other folks in Port Charlotte who have faced foreclosure also. Since the changes in the economy and the COVID-19 pandemic, many banks have changed the way that they handle foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a very tedious process. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic. Explain your situation and demonstrate your willingness to fix any problems. This will leave a good impression and impressions last a long time!
- Keep careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, the date you spoke with them and what they said, as well as any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the fewer options that will be available to you.
If you’re looking to sell your Port Charlotte house in foreclosure fast, call us now.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Port Charlotte and the whole state of FL get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Port Charlotte, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.